How To Download and Run Norton Power Eraser?
Norton is globally acclaimed for its cutting-edge cybersecurity solutions that offer unparalleled protection cover to your digital life. One of its latest advancements is a Cloud-based, robust tool called Norton Power Eraser. It is a lightweight security tool that incorporates Cloud-based infrastructure to Scan your Computer. This power-packed next-generation tool proactively detects known and unknown threats to give you airtight security cover.
This aggressive virus removal tool classifies all of the Applications available on your Computer based on the Norton security Application Ratings. It maintains an extensive list of trusted and malicious applications that depends on a vast database. If the available application falls in the list of trusted programs. Then, the tool leaves it on your system. But, applications that match the list of malicious applications are immediately eliminated. However, if any application is not available in Norton’s list. Then, the tool reports it as suspicious for a “Remote Scan” to be undertaken by Symantec’s Servers.
In this way, Norton Power Eraser offers unrelenting protection against the most rigid threat that goes undetected by traditional solutions. In fact, it has a reputation of being able to safeguard your System against the notorious threats. It also acts as the only solution for Systems with malware as it interferes with standard Antivirus Installation. Not only that, it comes with in-built capabilities of reverting the changes made on your System. Above all, it is exceptionally efficient as it uses next-generation, aggressive methods for threat detection and removal.
Downloading Process For Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is a free-of-cost software tool which is easily available for download. You can acquire it even if you don’t have any Norton product.
- Begin the Downloading Process For Norton Power Eraser by launching an Internet Browser available on your Computer. For this, check for a Browser icon on your Computer’s Taskbar or Desktop.
- Now, bring up the Norton’s official website. For this, enter “norton.com” as a URL in the Browser’s Address Bar. Then, hit “Enter”.
- Next, you should go to the very top of this window. Search the “Support” tab from the list of available options. Click on it to expand it.
- Select the “Member Services and Support” option from this expanded Menu box.
- Here, you will get a Search Bar to access your desired product. Type in “Norton Power Eraser”. Then, hit the “Enter” key.
- Select the very first Search Result to get the required webpage for Norton Power Eraser.
- The following window gives you a secure link to download this software tool. Hence, click on it to begin the downloading process.
- Thereafter, wait patiently while the software downloads properly.
- Once the download is complete, click on “Save”.
- After that, select “Desktop” as the save location. Then, click “Save”.
Quickly Run Norton Power Eraser
You can start using this outstanding security tool immediately after downloading it. In order to keep things simple, it offers unbeatable threat detection without any complicated installation procedures.
Given below is a step-by-step process to quickly run the Norton Power Eraser.
- To begin with, search your System for the downloaded tool. In other words, you should look for the NPE.exe file.
- Once located, double-click on it.
- This will bring up a “User Account Control” window. In order to proceed further, select “Yes” or “Continue”.
- Now, you will get a Software License Agreement window. Hence, closely review the terms. Then, click on “Accept”.
- As a result, it will detect any available updates. In case of available updates, the system will automatically download it.
- Thereafter, the Norton Power Eraser window will turn up. Here, you should click on the “Scan for Risks” icon.
- Consequently, this tool will Scan your System which includes Rootkit Scan by default. It requires System Restart. As such, click on the “Restart” tab when prompted after the Scan.
- However, it also allows you to scan the System without the Rootkit detection. For this, go to the “Settings” window of Norton Power Eraser tool. Now, look for the “Include Rootkit scan (requires a computer restart)” option. Uncheck the corresponding checkbox.
- Finally, wait while this robust tool scans your system.