Norton Antivirus software helps the users protect their computers and other devices against various types of malware and cybercriminals. It looks at the data, including web pages, applications, files, software, etc., traveling from the internet to the user’s devices. In addition to this, the Norton Antivirus searches, restricts, and removes all existing online threats effectively. Usually, the users often think that they are safe if they are using an excellent antivirus. However, this is not the case because new cyberthreats emerge and evolve constantly. Therefore, it is mandatory for all the users to keep their security software updated so that it can provide them with complete protection against all the latest threats. Thus, it is required to remove the older version of the Norton Antivirus in order to replace it with the newer one. In this write-up, we have given the instructions on how to uninstall Norton antivirus from Windows devices.
How to uninstall Norton Antivirus from a Windows device
In this section of the blog, we have provided two of the easiest ways to uninstall the Norton antivirus from Windows. Here we have discussed how to uninstall Norton antivirus through Control Panel or Norton Removal Tool. Thus, the users can choose and apply the method they find more convenient:-
How to uninstall Norton antivirus from the control panel
- First of all, the users click on the “Control Panel.”
- After that, tap on the “Programs” option.
- Then, click on the “Program and Features” button.
- Now, go to the currently installed programs and then select the Norton Antivirus product.
- After that, click on the “Uninstall” or “Remove” options.
- The “User Account Control” will appear on the screen. Here, click on “Yes.”
- Now, the users should follow the on-screen prompts to select their uninstall preference.
- Now, the Norton uninstaller will run. Wait until the process completes.
- Once the process gets completed, users must restart their Windows PC.
How to uninstall Norton antivirus with Norton Removal Tool
- Firstly, the users are required to download the Norton Removal tool from https://norton.com/nrnr.
- Note: remember to save the Norton file to the Windows desktop. However, on some browsers, the downloaded file is automatically saved to its default location.
- Now, the users are suggested to open the “Downloads” window in their browsers. To open the window in the browser, press the “Ctrl+J” key.
- After this, the users should Double-click on the “NRnR” icon.
- Now, the license agreement will display. Remember to go through the document carefully.
- After reading the License Agreement, the users should click on the “Agree” button.
- After that, tap on the “Advanced Options.”
- In the next window, click on the “Remove Only” button.
- Now tap on the “Remove” option.
In the end, select the “Restart Now” option.
In this write-up, we provided the necessary details on how to uninstall Norton Antivirus from a Windows PC. Here, we added two straightforward methods (i.e., through the control panel and Norton Removal Tool) to remove the Norton Antivirus from a Windows device. Therefore, by using all the above-mentioned steps, the users can easily remove or uninstall the Norton product from their PC. Moreover, the users are advised to visit the official website Norton.com/setup to setup the Norton Products.