What is Norton?
Norton is an anti-virus and anti-malware software which offers various products related to digital security. It is an industry-leading software which is reputed for its real-time protection and various comprehensive features. It helps in securing your device with ultimate protection from existing and emerging security risks. For utmost protection, Norton uses six layers of protection. It can quickly and accurately detect and remove viruses and other online threats from your system.
The user-friendly interface of Noton makes it a world-class threat protection software. With its constant and automatic scans, protecting the device has become much easier. It targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats that can harm your device adversely. Norton offers its users with fee-based products for all the operating systems. The digital security tools of Norton available for personal computers, server devices as well as mobile devices.
Norton offers numerous protection products to fulfil the diverse needs of all the users. It’s fast and comprehensive protection will let your PC run like a new one and hence, helps in improving its life span. Comprehensive features that made Norton an award-winning security provider are:
- One solution for protecting your device.
- Provides protection against Viruses, Malware, Spyware and other digital threats.
- Prevents from surfing of unsafe websites and harmful downloads.
- Offers privacy protection for all the devices.
Blocks phishing attempts from websites.
- What is Norton?
- What Norton Offers?
- Minimum system requirements to install Norton antivirus?
- How to create a Norton account?
- Downloading Norton Antivirus on your device: Video
- Installing Norton antivirus on your device
- Download and install on Android
- Download and install on iOS
- How to Reinstall Norton Antivirus?
What Norton Offers?
For multiple layer protection and complete security, Norton offers a variety of products for all the operating systems. Following are the products offered by Norton to redefine their user’s experience of surfing the internet.
For fulfilling the different needs of different individuals, Norton offers comprehensive plans. These plans are perfect for getting security against ever-evolving cyber threats. Following the products, Norton provides under its Comprehensive Plans.
- Norton 360 Standard
- Norton 360 Deluxe
- Norton 360 with
- Lifelock Select
If you need some basic products for protecting your device, then Norton offers Device Security products. These are the standard products offering basic features.
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
For the ultimate experience, Norton provides its customers with other services also.
Not just threat security but now you can use Norton Privacy Manager for protecting your personal information and credentials from unauthorised access.
Also, Norton Secure VPN is the product by Norton that will help you in paying your bills, checking the email and interacting on social media, by ensuring the security of your sensitive information. It works best in hiding your personal information from hackers eyes.
Norton offers other products also, like:
- Norton Computer Tune Up
- Norton Family Premier
- Norton Ultimate HelpDesk- Three Devices
- Norton Utilities Premium
- Norton Small Business
- Norton Mobile Security
- Norton Safe Search
Minimum system requirements to install Norton antivirus?
For downloading and installing Norton digital products in your system, you are required to fulfil all the system requirements. Fulfilling these system requirements will result in the smooth and efficient functioning of the application.
Failing to fulfil even a single requirement will cause installation problems and performance errors. So, before moving with the downloading and installation, make sure your system accomplish all the requirements. Given below are the system requirements for both Mac and Windows Operating System.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 or later (all versions).
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 or later
- Processor: For Windows 10/8/7: 1 GHz
For Windows 10: 2 GB (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
For Windows 8/7: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- Hard disk space: 300 MB of available hard disk space.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Mac OS X 10.10.x or later.
- Processor: Mac computer (with Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB of available space
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Along with these, make sure that you have an active internet connection for live updates.
How to create a Norton account?
For using the Norton products you are required to create a Norton Account. Follow the given steps carefully for creating your account.
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Go to the official website of Norton.
- Then, click the “Sign In” option. You will locate this option on the upper-right corner of your Norton homepage.
- After that, click “Create an Account” option. You will get this option next to the Sign In tab.
- Now, you have to enter all the required information in their respective fields. Firstly, enter your email id which you want to link with your Norton account. This will help in maintaining access to your Norton account.
- In the next field, confirm your email address for re-entering it.
- After that, create a strong and unique password. While creating the password, keep in mind the given specifications:
- Password must be 8 characters or longer
- Must include upper and lower case letters
- Use at least 1 number and 1 symbol
- Further, enter your “First name” and “Last name” in their respective fields.
- In the next field, enter your mobile number. This is an optional step. Although, providing the number will help in getting important information more quickly and it also helps in getting effective customer support.
- Then, select your country.
- If you want Norton to send you updates, offers and security newsletters; then click the checkbox.
- Lastly, click the “Create Account” button.
After creating your Norton account, you can use the provided email address and password for logging in to your account
Downloading Norton Antivirus on your device
Norton offers a wide range of products serving various features. So, you first have to select the desired product as per your preference and then download it in your system. Below are the steps given for successfully downloading your Norton product.
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Move to the official website of Norton.
- Then, on the home screen, move your cursor to the “Products & Services” option. This will open an extended list.
- From the list, select your desired product.
- Now, the product window will appear. Here, look at all the features and the offerings of the product.
- Then, choose the tenure for the purchase of your product as per your requirements.
- After that, click “Subscribe Now” option.
- Now, your cart will appear. Review your order and tap the “Checkout” button.
- After that, you have to sign in to your Norton Account.
Enter all the required details and then, click the “Sign in” option.
In case you are a new user, then create your account and further sign in.
- In the next window, select the preferred payment method like a credit card, paytm etc to start the purchase process.
- Then, enter all the billing details carefully.
- Next, review the order. If required, then makes the changes and then move further.
- After that, confirm your order.
- Once the order gets placed and payment is done successfully, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email id.
- Go to your email account.
- Further, open the confirmation mail.
- Mail you receive will contain your order details, product key and a download link.
- Click the link provided in the mail. This will automatically begin the downloading process.
- Now, wait until the software gets downloaded completely. During the downloading process, do not close the window or shut down your system.
- After the completion of the download process, save your file in the desired folder.
This will successfully download the setup file of your purchased product. Now, you can move forward with the installation process.
Installing Norton antivirus on your device
After the completion of the download process, you can start the Norton installation process. For installation, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, open the downloaded setup file.
By default, the system saves the download files in the Downloads folder. For this, click the “File Explorer” option from the taskbar. In the next window, click “Downloads” from the favourites section. Now, locate Norton setup files from the downloads list. Double-click the downloaded file.
Mac users have to open the “Finder”. Then, go to the downloads and locate your Norton setup file. Double-click the file in order to start the installation process.
- Now, run the setup file.
This step will differ according to the Internet browser you are using. After clicking the setup file, a popup window will appear. Then, click the “Run” or “Setup” option, depending upon the browser.
- If prompted, then give permission for changes.
Now, to continue with the process, the installer will ask for your permission. A popup box will appear asking for your permission to make the changes in your system. For granting the permission, select “Yes”.
- Then, read the license agreement.
Norton recommends that you must read the “User License Agreement”. Reading the license agreement will tell you about the policies of the Norton and will help you in avoiding future consequences. After reading the agreement, click the “Agree” button. Then, click “Continue” to proceed.
- Mac users will be prompted to add their administrator’s username and password. Enter the required credentials and move further.
- This will start the installation process. It will take a few minutes for the completion.
- Wait until the product gets installed in your system.
- After successful completion of the process, move out of the installation window by clicking the “Close” button.
Once you complete the process of installation, you can activate your product. Use the product key that you have received in the confirmation mail. Activation will allow you to use the various features that your purchased product is offering.
Download and install on Android
- First of all, go to the Google Play store on your android device.
- Then, search for the Norton application. For this, type “Norton Mobile Security” in the search bar.
- Now, click the “Install” option.
- This will take a few minutes. So, wait until it gets downloaded on your device.
- Once the installation gets finished, click “Open”.
- In the app window, you have to go through the license agreement and privacy statement.
- Now, click “Continue”.
- Then, in the Norton Mobile Security application, tap the menu icon. You will get this option on the upper left corner of your screen.
- From the menu list, click “Sign In”.
- Enter the username and password associated with your Norton account.
In case you are a new user, then click “Create an account”. Enter all the required details. Then, click “Create Account” option.
- Now, on the main screen of your Norton Mobile Security application, you will get the products available for purchase.
- Go through all the product and confirm the order.
Following these steps will successfully download and install Norton Mobile Security on your Android device. Now, you can protect your device from various online threats.
Download and install on iOS
For better protection, iOS devices need suitable antivirus software in order to protect personal data and information. Choosing Norton Mobile Security for your iOS device will help in keeping your device safe and will protect it from advanced viruses and malware.
For downloading and installing Norton Mobile Security on iOS, you have to follow the given processes.
- On your iOS device, go to App Store.
- Then, search for Norton Mobile Security.
- Click on the “Get” option.
- It will start the download process. Hence, wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, click “Open”.
- Further, you are required to read the license agreement and privacy notice.
Go through these documents carefully and give your consent by clicking the checkbox.
It will also ask you to join the community. This is an optional step. For joining click the checkbox. Else, leave the checkbox unmarked and move further.
- Click “Continue”.
- In the welcome window, click “Get Started”.
- Then, sign in to your Norton Account.
Use the email address and password associated with your Norton account. Then, tap the “Sign In” option.
Following these steps will download and install the application and take you to the home screen. Now, using your product key(if you have purchased your from the Norton official website) activate your Norton Mobile Security. If you haven’t purchased the product, then you can buy it directly from your iOS application.
How to Reinstall Norton Antivirus?
If you need to reinstall Norton Software for any reason, you can do it by using Norton website and accessing Norton account.
For reinstalling you first have to uninstall your Norton antivirus from your device. You can uninstall your software through control panel. But sometimes it does not completely remove from the system. So, Norton also provides you with Removal tools. This will help in removing all traces of the software.
After that, if you have the downloaded setup file in your system you can use it for reinstallation. Else, if needed, you can download it from your Norton account.
Further, you have to follow the below-given process to start with the reinstallation of your Norton product.
- Firstly, search for your downloaded file. You will find your setup file either in the downloads folder or at the location you have saved the file.
- Double click the downloaded file.
- Then, click the “Run” or “Setup” option, depending upon the browser you are using.
- Now, the installer will ask for your permission for making the changes. For this, click the “Yes” option.
- After that, read the license agreement and click “Agree”.
- Tap “Continue”.
- The installation process will get started. Wait for a few minutes for the completion of the process.
- After successful completion, click the “Close” button.
- Firstly, open the “Finder”.
- Go to the downloads.
- Locate the Norton’s downloaded setup file.
- Double-click the file for initiating the reinstallation process.
- Then, a popup box will appear. Click “Run” to continue.
- If prompted, then click “Yes” for permitting the installer to make the required changes in your device.
- In the next window, read the license agreement and accept their terms and conditions by clicking “Agree”.
- Then, tap “Continue”.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- Lastly, click “Close” to move out from the installation window.
Once you complete this installation process, if required then activate your product using the product key that you have got at the time of purchasing the product.